General Knowledge is one of the Important subject for any Govt. competitive Exam and "First in India" General Knowledge is one of the most important topic of General Knowledge. So here is the List of a few important First in India GK like First Architectures, National & International Awards, Titles, Nobel Prize Winners, OSCAR winners for any Competitive Exams.
First In India General Knowledge List for Any Competitive Exams - SSC, RRB, UPSC, IBPS PO, Clerk, PSC, WBCS, Group D, MTS, NDA, Police, IAS, IPS, ICS,
First Architectures of India
1. First Dam: Kallanai Dam.
One of the world’s oldest Dam.
It was built over the River Kaveri .
It is situated in Thanjavur District in the Tamilnadu state of India.
Constructed by Chol King Karikala Cholan around 100 BC.
2. First Temple: Konark Sun Temple.
This is also the first architecture of Kalinga Dynasty.
It’s situated in Puri, Odisha state of India.
It was built in around 1255 AD.
1. First Temple constructed from single rock: Kailas temple
Situated in Ellora Cave, In the District Aurangabad, Maharashtra, India
It was built in 744 EC.
It was built by Rashtrakut King Krishna I.
The Temple was constructed from a single rock by excavating the Rock Downwards. How is this possible? It's still remains a mystery.
It is also one and only temple in the world constructed from a single rock by excavating downwards
4. First garden-tomb: Humayun’s Tomb
It’s situated in Delhi.
It was built in between 1562 – 1571 CE.
Built by Mughal Emperor Nasiruddin Humayun, Son of Babar
5. First Church: St. Thomas Church.
Situated in Palayoor, Kerala.
It was built by St. Thomas the Apostle in 52 AD.
It’s a mixture of Persian and Kerala Culture.
6. First Mosque: Cheraman Juma Mosque.
Situated in Thrissur district, Kerala, India
It was built in 629 AD.
National-International Awards & titles
1. First Miss world: Reita Faria.
She was born on 23rd August, 1943
She won this title in 1966
She was the first Miss world who was also a Doctor.
She was also the first Asian to won this title.
2.. First Miss Universe: Sushmita Sen
She was born on 19 November 1975.
She won this title in 1994
She is an Indian film actress and Model.
She also appeared in some Tamil and Bengali film.
3. Miss Asia Pacific: Zeenat Aman.
She won this title in 1970.
4. Miss India worldwide: Karminder Kaur Virk
·She won this title in 1994
5. First Mr. Universe: Monotosh Roy
He was an Indian Bengali bodybuilder.
He was born on 21 October 1916 in Dhaka, British India.
He won this title in 1951 in Group III Amateur division.
He was died on 29 June 2005 in Kolkata, West Bengal, India.
6. First Mr. International: Aryan Vaid. In 2000
7. First Miss Tourism International: Candice Pinto. In 2001
8. First Miss World Tourism: Sonal Chauhan. She won the title in 2005
9. First Miss Earth: Nicole Faria.
She was crowned this title in 2010
She is also an India model and also a brand ambassador of few India brand like Clean & Clear, Swiss Luxury Wristwatches.
She was also won a few title like Miss India South in 2010, Famina Miss India Earth 2010.
10. Mr. United Nations: Rahul Vayas
He won this title in 2013.
11. Mr. world: Rohit Khandelwal.
He won this title in 2016.
He was also the first Asian to be crowned Mr. World.
Before this title he was also won the Mr. India title in 2015
12. Man Booker Prize: Arundhuti Roy
she won this title in 1997
She won this for her novel “The God of Small Things”.
13. First Bharat Ratna:
Dr. Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan, C. Rajagopalachari and C. V. Raman in 1954.
14. First Padma Vibhushan:
Satyendra Nath Bose, Nanda Lal Bose, Zakir Hussain, Balashaeb Gangadhar, Jigme Dorji Wangchuk and V. K. Krishna Menon in 1954.
15. Dadasaheb Phalke Award: Devika Rani in 1969.
16. Param Vir Chakra Award: Major Somnath Sharma.
17. First Ashok Chakra Award to a civilian:
Posthumous D. K. Jatar and M. C. Dixit, The captain and co-captain of the plane of Kashmir Princess.
18. First Magsaysay Award: Vinoba Bhave in 1958
19. Nishan-e-Pakistan: Morarji Desai in 1990.
First Nobel Prize Winners of India
1. Nobel in Literature: Rabindranath Tagore, in 1913
He received this Nobel for one of his great work “Gitanjali”
He was also the first Asian to won the Nobel Prize.
2.Nobel in Physics: Sir C. V. Raman in 1930
He was won this Nobel because of his incredible discovery in the field of light scattering. This is also known as “Raman scattering” or “Raman effect”.
Later he also honored with the highest civilian Award of India The “Bharat Ratna” in 1954.
3. Nobel in Peace: Mother Teresa in 1979.
She was Albanian origin but later she got the citizenship of India.
4. Nobel in Economics: Amartya Sen in 1998
For his notable work in Welfare economics and social rejoice theory.
Later he was also honored with the highest civilian Award of India “Bharat Ratna” in 1999.
5. Nobel in Medicine: Dr. Har Gobind Khorana in 1968
6. Nobel in Chemistry: Venkatraman Ramakirshnan in 2009
For studies of the structure and function of the ribosome.
7. Nobel in Peace (first Indian born): Kailash Sathyarthi in 2014
For his incredible work against Child trafficking and child labour.
His “Bachpan Banchaon” movement liberated more than 88,000 children in India as well as abroad from Child labour.
First OSCAR Winners of India
1. Costume design: Bhanu Athaiya in 198
Best costume design for the film “Gandhi”
2. Honorary Oscar: Satyajit Roy in 1992
The lifetime achievement award for his contribution to the world film industry.
3. Best original Song: A. R. Rahman in 2009
For the film “Slumdog Millionaire"
4. First OSCAR nomination: “Mother India” in 1957
In best foreign language film category.
More General Knowledge